GET THE APP

The Familiarity of Medical Students at Clinical Years about the Influence of Ionizing Radiations Doses | Abstract
Logo

International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences (IJMRHS)
ISSN: 2319-5886 Indexed in: ESCI (Thomson Reuters)

Abstract

The Familiarity of Medical Students at Clinical Years about the Influence of Ionizing Radiations Doses

Author(s):Fayez Saud Alreshidi

Background: Since the medical students at the clinical phases increasingly becoming more close to the patient’s diagnosis and treatment is very important to be aware of radiation dose. Therefore, this study aimed to assess the familiarity of Medical students at clinical years about the influence of ionizing radiation doses. Methodology: In this cross-sectional study, 443 medical students at clinical phases of the study (4th, 5th, and 6th years) were randomly selected from three medical colleges in 3 universities (Hail, Jouf, and Tabuk). A purposeful questionnaire was designed and distributed electronically to collect the desired data. Results: Out of the 433 students, 339/433 (78.3%) knew that a person’s body weight is an important determinant of radiation dose, whereas, the remaining 94/433 (21.7%) claimed that weight has no role. Correct radiation dose for Bone scan (>300 mSv), Spine MRI (0 mSv-1 mSv), Abdominal x-ray (10 mSv-50 mSv), Abdominal US (0 mSv-1 mSv), PET Scan (10 mSv-50 mSv), PET/CT scan (10 mSv-50 mSv), Mamo (2 views) (5 mSv-10 mSv), and Thyroid scan (10 mSv-50 mSv), constituting 16/433 (3.7%), 129/433 (29.8%), 49/433 (11.3%), 144/433 (33.3%), 48/433 (11%), 50/43 (11.5%), 115/433 (26.6%), and 55/433 (12.7%), in that order. Conclusion: Medical students in the late clinical years have inadequate knowledge of ionizing radiation doses in Northern Saudi Arabia Medicine College, which necessitates further interventions in this context, at the level of general curriculum as well as, at the training in the late clinical years 


Archive
Scope Categories
  • Clinical Research
  • Epidemiology
  • Oncology
  • Biomedicine
  • Dentistry
  • Medical Education
  • Physiotherapy
  • Pulmonology
  • Nephrology
  • Gynaecology
  • Dermatology
  • Dermatoepidemiology
  • Otorhinolaryngology
  • Ophthalmology
  • Sexology
  • Osteology
  • Kinesiology
  • Neuroscience
  • Haematology
  • Psychology
  • Paediatrics
  • Angiology/Vascular Medicine
  • Critical care Medicine
  • Cardiology
  • Endocrinology
  • Gastroenterology
  • Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology
  • Hepatology
  • Geriatric Medicine
  • Bariatrics
  • Pharmacy and Nursing
  • Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry
  • Radiobiology
  • Pharmacology
  • Toxicology
  • Clinical immunology
  • Clinical and Hospital Pharmacy
  • Cell Biology
  • Genomics and Proteomics
  • Pharmacogenomics
  • Bioinformatics and Biotechnology
  • Google scholar citation report
    Citations : 2979

    International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences received 2979 citations as per google scholar report

    International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences peer review process verified at publons

    paper.io

    agar io

    wowcappadocia.com
    cappadocia-hotels.com
    balloon-rides.net

    wormax io

    Elektronik Sigara
    Elektronik Sigara